Monday, September 12, 2005

Are we there yet?

Wow! Time sure flies. My daughter and I finally reconnected after a long disconnection. It feels good. Sometimes, you just need space. I think I was giving it to her, but maybe I'm fooling myself. Maybe I needed the space too. Anyway, enough. Time to heal. We both have to take care not to pick at the scab. There may be a small scar, but as time usually works its magic, that will fade too.

Family sure changes as the kids grow up. Sometimes it doesn't feel like family. I think you have to change your perspective. Its hard to know where you should stand to look at it. We only each get to be a father (or mother) once. The important thing is to keep looking at it. You might then get an idea where to stand for a better view.

Now its also time to take a wider look around. There are other things to see as life goes on. Always keep one eye out for family, but try to focus on the other aspects too.

No comments: